Commonly Asked Questions About Molds On Walls
Molds in general can grow and live anywhere in the environment where moisture is present together with organic material like soil, plants, food and our homes. Molds easily reproduce by releasing spores and can get easily spread through the aid of water, air and including animals.
Without noticing as frequent as possible, molds are common on walls. It is easy to remove the molds on the walls compared to tiles and bathroom areas. For non-porous walls, just simply wipe using a wet cloth. There are also available mold killing products that you can purchase aside from your dependable bleach, borax and vinegar that works the work.
For porous walls, it would be difficult to eliminate the molds because the molds live inside the materials most especially if it’s not painted. If this is so, it is better to cut away the wall where the mold is growing.
Why there are molds on the wall?
High humidity, condensation and water leaks (which are usually hidden inside the wall) are the most common reasons of mold growing on walls.
To prevent growth of molds at walls and home, what can we do?
Having solution to water problems like leak and control the moisture are the keys on preventing the growth of molds at home. Our home is susceptible on the growth of molds because it attracts any moisture it detects. There are areas in our home wherein moisture can be present like poor or improper ventilation of heating and cooking appliances, humidifiers, condensation on cool surfaces, wet clothes drying inside home, roof leaks, indoor plumbing leaks, outdoor drainage problem, damp basements, steam from bathroom, and kitchen sinks.
What are the health hazard of molds?
Being exposed to molds can cause harm in some people most especially those who have allergies. Commonly, molds are present everywhere but extensive mold exposure may cause harmful effects. Once molds are inhaled in extensive amount, this can cause allergic reactions and respiratory symptoms. No one can define on how much mold exposure a person should to trigger the health hazard because some people are more sensitive than others.
Once exposed to molds and you had felt uneasiness, better consult your doctor and discuss your health concerns.
How will you know the symptoms of mold exposure?
Usually, upon exposure to molds, allergy and irritation triggers. Possible infections and illness but these are not common. The most common symptoms for people exposed to mold in indoor areas are: eye irritation like red, watery eyes and itchiness, nasal and sinus congestion, cough, throat irritation, wheezing and hard to breath, skin irritation like rashes and headache.
There are ways on cleaning up molds at home but for severely damaged areas, you can always course through the mold restoration experts for better and fast solutions.